Hans Chr. Hoeck, MD, PhD
Dr. Hoeck is responsible for the overall management of Trialcare Research.
Dr. Hoeck has extensive senior clinical experience both as a clinician, scientist and as a PI on numerous studies from Phase I-IV. He has worked as a senior executive in the biopharmaceutical industry for over 15 years. His latest position was CEO of CCBR Clinical Research which under his leadership expanded to the first truly global Site Management Organization.
Dr. Hoeck founded Trialcare Research with the purpose to bridge critical gaps between science and patient care. This includes a vision to share accumulated knowledge from the biopharmaceutical industry with highly specialized colleagues within different therapeutic indications with the overall objective for their patients to have access to the newest and best therapies.
Dr. Hoeck has previously served as CEO of C4Pain, a successful niche CRO in translational medicine and he has worked extensively with private equity during changes of control and acquisitions of business targets.
Dr. Hoeck holds MD degree from the University of Southern Denmark. He is a board certified specialist in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology & Diabetes and holds a PhD in Medicine from the University of Copenhagen.
List of peer-reviewed publications by Dr. Hoeck
- Arendt-Nielsen L, Egsgaard LL, Petersen KK, Eskehave TN, Graven-Nielsen T, Hoeck HC, Simonsen O. A Mechanism-based pain sensitivity index to characterize knee osteoarthritis patients with different disease stages and pain levels. Eur J Pain 2015;19:1406-1417.
- Andersen JR, Byrjalsen I, Bihlet A, Kalakou F, Hoeck HC, Hansen G, Hansen HB, Karsdal MA, Riis BJ. Impact of Source Data Verification on data quality in clinical trials: An empirical post-hoc analysis of three phase 3 randomised clinical trials. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2015;79:660-668.
- Egsgaard LL, Eskehave TN, Bay-Jensen AC, Hoeck HC, Arendt-Nielsen L. Identifying specific profiles in patients with different degrees of painful knee osteoarthritis based on serological biochemical and mechanistic pain biomarkers: a diagnostic approach based on cluster analysis. Pain 2015;156:96-107.
- Nygaard B, Frandsen NE, Brandi L, Rasmussen K, Oestergaard OV, Oedum L, Hoeck HC, Hansen D. Effects of high doses of cholecalciferol in normal subjects: a randomized double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial. PLoS One 2014;9:e102965.
- Arendt-Nielsen L, Eskehave TN, Egsgaard LL, Petersen KK, Graven-Nielsen T, Hoeck HC, Simonsen O, Siebuhr AS, Karsdal M, Bay-Jensen AC. Association Between Experimental Pain Biomarkers and Serological Markers in Patients With Different Degree of Painful Knee Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol 2014;66:3317-3326.
- He Y, Siebuhr AS, Brandt-Hansen NU, Wang J, Su D, Zheng Q, Simonsen O, Petersen KK, Arendt-Nielsen L, Eskehave T, Hoeck HC, Karsdal MA, Bay-Jensen AC. Type X collagen levels are elevated in serum from human osteoarthritis patients and associated with biomarkers of cartilage degradation and inflammation. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 2014;15:309.
- Siebuhr AS, Petersen KK, Arendt-Nielsen L, Egsgaard LL, Eskehave T, Christiansen C, Simonsen O, Hoeck HC, Karsdal MA, Bay-Jensen AC. Identification and characterisation of osteoarthritis patients with inflammation derived tissue turnover. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2014;22:44-50.
- Jakobsen, L.A., Jensen, A., Larsen, L.E., Sørensen, M.R., Hoeck, HC, Arendt-Nielsen, L., Gazerani, P. Effect of cutaneous blood low on absorption of insulin: A methodological study in healthy male volunteers. Int J Physiol Pathophysiol Pharmacol 2011;3:257-65.
- Arendt-Nielsen L., Hoeck HC. Optimizing the Early Phase Development of New Analgesics by Human Pain Biomarkers. Expert Rev Neurother 2011;11:1631-1651.
- Chandran M, Hoeck HC, Wong HC, Zhang RF, Dimai HP. Vitamin D status and its relationship with bone mineral density and parathyroid hormone in South-East Asian adults with low bone density. Endocr Pract 2011;17:226-234.
- Arendt-Nielsen, L., Hoeck, HC, Karsdal, M. A. & Christiansen, C. Role of calcitonin in management of musculoskeletal pain. Rheumatology Reports 2009:1:39-42.
- Li B, Byrjalsen I, Glendenning P, Henriksen DB, Hoeck HC, Taranto M, Vasikaran S, Fraser WD, Christiansen C, Qvist P. Selective monitoring of vitamin D(2) and D(3) supplementation with a highly specific 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3) immunoassay with negligible cross-reactivity to 25-hydroxyvitamin D(2). Clin Chim Acta 2009;404:144-148.
- Ovesen J, Møller-Madsen B, Nielsen PT, Christensen PH, Simonsen O, Hoeck HC, Laursen MB, Thomsen JS. Differences in zinc status between patients with osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. J Trace Elem Med Biol 2009;23(1):1-8.
- Hoeck HC, Li B, Qvist P. Changes in 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 to oral treatment with vitamin D3 in postmenopausal females with osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int 2009;20:1329-1335.
- Laessoe U, Hoeck HC, Simonsen O, Voigt M. Residual attentional capacity amongst young and elderly during dual and triple task walking. Hum Mov Sci 2008;27:496-512.
- Miller PD, Christiansen C, Hoeck HC, Kendler DL, Lewiecki EM, Woodson G, Levine AB, Chines AA, Constantine G, Delmas PD. Effects of Bazedoxifene on Bone Mineral Density and Turnover in Postmenopausal Women: 2-Year Results of a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo- and Active-Controlled Study. J Bone Miner Res 2008;23:525-35.
- Thomsen JS, Nielsen PT, Christensen PH, Simonsen O, Hoeck HC, Laursen MB, Møller-Madsen B, Ovesen J. Differences in zinc status, bone turnover and femoral head bone density and biomechanical properties between patients with osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 2008;8:22.
- Laessoe U, Hoeck HC, Simonsen O, Sinkjaer T, Voigt M. Fall risk in an active elderly population – can it be assessed? Journal of Negative Results in BioMedicine 2007,6:2.
- Vestergaard P, Jorgensen JO, Hagen C, Hoeck HC, Laurberg P, Rejnmark L, Brixen K, Weeke J, Andersen M, Conceicao FL, Nielsen TL, Mosekilde L. Fracture risk is increased in patients with GH deficiency or untreated prolactinomas–a case-control study. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2002;56:159-167.
- Vestergaard P, Rejnmark L, Weeke J, Hoeck HC, Nielsen HK, Rungby J, Laurberg P, Mosekilde L. Smoking as a risk factor for Graves’ disease, toxic nodular goiter, and autoimmune hypothyroidism. Thyroid 2002;12:69-75.
- Sneppen SB, Hoeck HC, Kollerup G, Sorensen OH, Laurberg P, Feldt-Rasmussen U. Bone mineral content and bone metabolism during physiological GH treatment in GH-deficient adults–an 18-month randomised, placebo-controlled, double blinded trial. Eur J Endocrinol 2002;146:187-195.
- Vestergaard P, Lindholm J, Jorgensen JO, Hagen C, Hoeck HC, Laurberg P, Rejnmark L, Brixen K, Kristensen LO, Feldt-Rasmussen U, Mosekilde L. Increased risk of osteoporotic fractures in patients with Cushing’s syndrome. Eur J Endocrinol 2002;146:51-56.
- Vestergaard P, Weeke J, Hoeck HC, Nielsen HK, Rungby J, Rejnmark L, Laurberg P, Mosekilde L. Fractures in patients with primary idiopathic hypothyroidism. Thyroid 2000;10:335-340
- Hoeck HC, Vestergaard P, Jakobsen PE, Falhof J, Laurberg P. Diagnosis of growth hormone (GH) deficiency in adults with hypothalamic-pituitary disorders: comparison of test results using pyridostigmine plus GH-releasing hormone (GHRH), clonidine plus GHRH, and insulin-induced hypoglycemia as GH secretagogues. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000;85:1467-1472.
- Hoeck HC, Jakobsen PE, Vestergaard P, Falhof J, Laurberg P. Differences in reproducibility and peak growth hormone responses to repeated testing with various stimulators in healthy adults. Growth Horm IGF Res 1999;9:18-24.
- Vestergaard P, Hoeck HC, Jakobsen PE, Laurberg P. Reproducibility of growth hormone and cortisol responses to the insulin tolerance test and the short ACTH test in normal adults. Horm Metab Res 1997;29:106-110.
- Hoeck HC, Vestergaard P, Jakobsen PE, Laurberg P. Test of growth hormone secretion in adults: poor reproducibility of the insulin tolerance test. Eur J Endocrinol 1995;133:305-312.
- Laurberg P, Jakobsen PE, Hoeck HC, Vestergaard P. Growth hormone and thyroid function: is secondary thyroid failure underdiagnosed in growth hormone deficient patients? Thyroidology 1994;6:73-79.
- Kristensen M, Hoeck HC. [Abnormal flora in the small intestine. Diagnostic evaluation of the H2 breath test] Ugeskr Laeger 1994;156:7530-3. [Danish].
- Hoeck HC, Bang F, Laurberg P. Impaired growth hormone secretion in patients operated for pituitary adenomas. Growth Regul. 1994;4:63-67.
- Hoeck HC, Laurberg G, Laurberg P. Hypercalcaemic crisis after excessive topical use of a vitamin D derivative. J Intern Med 1994;235:281-282.
- Godballe C, Hoeck HC, Sørensen JA. [Transient abnormal Q-waves] Ugeskr Laeger 1990;152:92-94. [Danish].